The 2022 Hennepin County Master Gardener Volunteer Learning Garden Tour is back and set for July 9, 2022 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., rain or shine. It’s bigger and better than ever this year with 10 gardens in south Minneapolis which includes neighborhoods in Richfield, Tangletown and Hiawatha. “By using climate-friendly practices in gardens and landscapes, home gardeners are an important part of the fight against global warming and climate change. No matter the size of your garden come and learn how to start or even improve your gardening techniques,” urge planners.
- 10 one-of-a-kind gardens showcasing a wide variety of traditional to eclectic designs. Eight of the featured gardens are Hennepin County Master Gardeners’ home gardens, one is a community garden and another is a schoolyard garden.
- Learning opportunities at all 10 gardens covering topics such as garden design, growing vegetables, and native plants. At one garden you’ll even learn which plants you can use to create natural textile dyes.
- A garden tour booklet with details for each garden including address and directions, the garden “story,” and a list of featured plants.
- At one of the gardens you will find the “Garden Shed” offering many fun and useful gardening related accessories. Another garden hosts a “Book Nook” that will be stocked with a wide variety of books for kids and adults.
- A chance to chat with Hennepin County Master Gardener volunteers about your specific questions and obtain trusted, reliable information.
Attendees are invited to roam all 10 gardens at their leisure. Single tickets are $15 in advance; $20 on the day of the tour. Children under 12 get in free with a paying adult. All proceeds help to support the University of Minnesota Extension Master Gardener Volunteer – Hennepin County community programs. To buy tickets and learn more about the Learning Garden Tour, visit https://hennepinmastergardeners.org/events/learning-garden-tour/
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here